Saturday, July 30, 2011

36/52 - Tune Up

Tune Up - a photograph of the tuning pegs on a guitar
Tune Up

Firstly, sorry for the delay between my last post and this one. I was away in Sri Lanka on a months holiday and just got back (with about 130 GB of images to process). I tried to keep the project going while I was away but with the trips and the fact that I didn't have a computer with me made things a bit difficult. However I did shoot a couple of shots, this one included, specifically for the project.

Lighting info and setup shots after the jump.

Lighting setup for an image of the tuning pegs on a guitar
Lighting setup - Tune Up

This was a two light setup and I wanted to focus on the tuning pegs of the guitar. 

The main light for this shot came from a canon 580 EX II fired at 1/64th through a 1/2 CTO gel.  The flash was fired from camera right.

The key light was a Canon 430 EX II also fired at 1/64th from camera left through a 1/2 CTB gel.

In order to get a dark background I used a black towel to hide the patterns on the table cloth.

If I were to shoot this photograph again I'd use a slightly smaller aperture to increase the depth of field. I used an aperture of F4.0 for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment