Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wild Flowers - Sandy Hollow, Australia

A photograph of back lit wild flowers taken in Sandy Hollow, Australia
Wild Flowers - Sandy Hollow, Australia

We were up at a friends farm in the upper Hunter Valley in New South Wales over the Easter weekend. On one of our walks I noticed that the wild flowers on the side of the road were back lit by the setting sun. It's not the sort of shot I take often but I thought I'd fire off a few frames and see how they turn out.

More photographs inside.

A photograph of back lit wild flowers taken in Sandy Hollow, Australia
Wild Flowers - Sandy Hollow, Australia

I have started cropping images in a 2:1 ratio (first and third image as well as a few previous posts) and so far I've liked how they have turned out. This time I actually took the photograph with that particular crop in mind. Since this is not the usual type of shot that I upload on the blog, I'm pretty keen to see what you guys think. Please drop a comment below if you have a minute to spare.

Wild Flowers - Sandy Hollow, Australia

All the photographs on this post were taken with the Canon 7D and the 24-105mm lens. Since the shutter speed was quite fast, I didn't have to use a tripod.







No comments:

Post a Comment